Author Topic: Designline Branch Take-Off  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Ciws14Topic starter

Designline Branch Take-Off
« on: Jan 27, 2021, 22:05:48 PM »
When I try to apply a round branch to a larger trunk line I do not get a take-off and the round.  I get a gap in the trunk and the pipe placed in the center as shown in the picture.  I've been banging my head and I am assuming I have a setting wrong someplace.  I have my OSMODE to 47 as recommended but I am not sure what I am missing.  Thank you!

Offline SSchmitt85

Re: Designline Branch Take-Off
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2021, 01:39:53 AM »
make sure you have a button code for the tap. You will also need to button code for the straight. 
1 = straight piece
tap = tap of your choosing. I do not name all my taps the same so i can override them if i need to for different options.
redinline = transition piece if you have one.
~Therapy is expensive.... But popping bubble wrap is cheap and effective~

Offline Bonedigger

• Premier Member
    • Hercules Industries
Re: Designline Branch Take-Off
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2021, 13:31:22 PM »
When I try to apply a round branch to a larger trunk line I do not get a take-off and the round.  I get a gap in the trunk and the pipe placed in the center as shown in the picture.  I've been banging my head and I am assuming I have a setting wrong someplace.  I have my OSMODE to 47 as recommended but I am not sure what I am missing.  Thank you!
I ran into that literally yesterday. I tried different services, tried flipping the branch constraints back and forth from round to rectangular to round dimensions, and I even tried it in a different database, and it still wouldn't fill with a tap. I ended up deleting the branch line and redrawing it, and then suddenly it started filling with a tap. I still don't know why it wouldn't fill before. You might try deleting and redrawing the branch line.
Chris
Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2019 v3.07.545 (2019.1.0), Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2022 v22.0.110.2 (2022.0.0.F) Windows 10, 64-Bit