Fabrication ESTmep™ > ESTmep™ Users

Site difficulty factor not calculating correctly.

(1/2) > >>

PowerEng.:
Just discovered an issue where the site difficulty factor in sections is not accurately changing my job hours. I retested it on some duct work and with a 200% or 2.0 site difficulty factor the job hours on install labor went from 4.5 to 7.0. This is concerning as I'm not sure how the site difficulty factor works but I assumed it just multiplied your total hours by a factor. Does anyone know what it actually multiplies for the final number when you apply a site difficulty factor?

On a longer rant the implementation of this program is starting to feel never ending. Discovering issue after issue. When one issue is fixed another appears and half the fixes seem to be workarounds because bugs seem to not be fixed. Starting to think this is really just a cad add-on and not really a standalone estimation software.

cadbyken:
My former employer uses EST and they swear by it.  It is the least used of the three software but it is a solid program.  They do undersell how much setup there really in in the software.

cadbob:
Ken is absolutely correct, it strong point is sharing the database across the Trades as you probably know, Estimating to CAD, to CAM.

Not sure if this will help you but you may find it interest I hope.

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/How-Implement-Fabrication-ESTmep-Best-Practices-2016#chapter

PowerEng.:
I appreciate the feedback. I would say that underselling the setup is a certainty. Where do people think this software ranks among the mechanical estimating softwares?

cnash:

--- Quote from: PowerEng. on Feb 10, 2021, 13:34:12 PM ---I appreciate the feedback. I would say that underselling the setup is a certainty. Where do people think this software ranks among the mechanical estimating softwares?

--- End quote ---

Right now I still think it's the best imho.
We've been using it as our sole estimating software for ~8 years.

I'm going to have to look into the site difficulty factor, we used to use it quite often but haven't recently as we have been doing it other ways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version