Author Topic: Air outlets sizing in Designline  (Read 1891 times)

Offline jebakumarTopic starter

Air outlets sizing in Designline
« on: Feb 26, 2021, 11:50:54 AM »
Dear all,

I need to get only my standard diffuser sizes (6x6", 9x9", 12x12", etc.) on my design line. At present it is giving the diffuser size as same like the branch duct size.

Also, I would like to configure the diffuser sizes to the respective air flows.

For Example, 0 - 150 CFM on 6x6" Diffuser, then 151 - 300 CFM on 9x9" Diffuser..

After long struggling, I have created my own designline mode with required friction factor. But I am unable to edit/configure the grille sizes in designline.

Please help me experts.

Thank you.
BIM aspire

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
Re: Air outlets sizing in Designline
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2021, 14:13:56 PM »
I don't think the software will size like you say in fabrication.  Scripting is a way that I solved this issue.

Since you are using designline, part of the work is already there.  I don't know if designline stores the cfm in the air device though.

I was setting different variables/sizes based on the CFM.  Here is a sample.  Neckinput was the size of the inlet on the air device.  I concatenated it with more text in a different customdata field to get 6" NK to fill out my air device tags.

Code: [Select]
if CFMINPUTI < 241 then
   NECKINPUT = 10
   item.dim["Width"].value = 24
   item.dim["Depth"].value = 24
endif

if CFMINPUTI < 136 then
   NECKINPUT = 8
   item.dim["Width"].value = 24
   item.dim["Depth"].value = 24
endif
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.