Author Topic: DXF export to multiple layers using writedxf  (Read 4151 times)

Offline RJvanDijkTopic starter

DXF export to multiple layers using writedxf
« on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:39:09 AM »
At my shop we are looking into discontinueing CAMduct as our nesting software to increase our material utilisation rate. I started out with exporting to DXF using the right mouse button context menu, but to further automate the process I would like to add information to the file (name) such as job number, material thickness and item number. As far as I know and can find on the forum there is no possibility in CAMduct to define DXF file name.

This brought me to the writedxf COD script function which works great for including parameters in the filename, but also includes construction and bending lines in the export in layer 0. Is there a way to define which layers are exported in the writedxf command, or to which layers information is saved? I found this is possible for the right mouse button, but cannot get it to work for the script function.

Kind regards,
Robert

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
Re: DXF export to multiple layers using writedxf
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2021, 22:32:20 PM »
Check out the areas in the attached screencap. Accessible from CAMduct only.

PS: What are you planning on using for Nesting? TrueNest? Sigmanest? Other?

Offline RJvanDijkTopic starter

Re: DXF export to multiple layers using writedxf
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2021, 12:37:28 PM »
Hi Darren,
Thank you for the reply. I checked all of the settings in there and am pretty sure they dont propagate to the writedxf command. I have worked around the issue by generating an export file which has the required information and manually exporting all dxf files to a predefined folder. A script running on the server will check for new files and rename and replace the DXF files. It's not ideal but gets the job done.

We havent made a choice for nesting software yet, do you have any recommendations?