Author Topic: Plenum  (Read 3457 times)

Offline JasonCaronTopic starter

Plenum
« on: Dec 07, 2021, 20:23:11 PM »
Hey guys ,
i was asking myself how i could make this kind of plenum ? (See attachment)
The side are shorter ,than the lenght of the plenum .. Any fitting with adjustable lenght on side panel ? Do i need to build a sub-assembly ? Or we got a inbuild solution within CAMduct that i've never seen ? (This could really be the right answer i'm still a noob)
Thanks in advance !!

Jason

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
Re: Plenum
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2021, 22:08:04 PM »
CID#521 - it has all kinds of options.  Have used those for connections to linears often.  It isn't compatible in Revit though
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline Jona

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2021, 13:48:49 PM »
We use CID#382 for side take off and CID#26 for top.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2021, 20:31:25 PM »
Did take a look at #521 its a close box with no really option at all  :-X ,for the #382 and #26 this could work i need to make the side panel shorter (like i did with the #853 ,see attachment) .The problem that i have now is that,this fitting don't have connector ... Any way i could add some connector to it ?

Offline zhenja83

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2021, 06:56:05 AM »
We didn't find any pattern for this type of plenum. Only way is to use opus to redraw it manually.  :(
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2021, 06:59:15 AM by zhenja83 »

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2021, 13:15:20 PM »
Wath if i want the item #853 without the left and right panel ,there is a way to remove those panel from that fitting ?

Offline Jona

« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2021, 17:57:49 PM »
Not by default. You'd have to go into the development each time you used it and tell it to not burn those parts.

Offline RickD

« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2021, 21:27:41 PM »
I use #382 and go into opus and trim it off. It only takes a minute to do and keeps all the parts together.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2021, 13:45:27 PM »
@Jona Where we need to edit to "unburn" a panel ?

@RickD The point is sometimes we have like 45 different model on same job so ... It's a huge loss in times ;) if you are triming the short panel by hand take a look at CID#853 you can stretch it on long side right away on that model ..  :D

Offline Jona

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2021, 22:22:33 PM »
@Jona Where we need to edit to "unburn" a panel ?

@RickD The point is sometimes we have like 45 different model on same job so ... It's a huge loss in times ;) if you are triming the short panel by hand take a look at CID#853 you can stretch it on long side right away on that model ..  :D

When in item takeoff you select develop at the bottom and the select "Not Cut" on the appropriate panels.

Offline Sirius

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2021, 23:53:03 PM »
You can make a copy of the Item in your Item Folder, then Edit it and set the not cut on flag on the appropriate parts.
This will save time when adding the item to a job.

But BEWARE, occasionally CAMduct will reset the NOT CUT FLAG and you will end up with the extra parts, so you need to keep an eye on it when nesting. >:(

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2021, 12:35:14 PM »
@Jona Hey thanks ,that can be usefull !

@Sirius Good i'll have an eye on that  8)

On another mindset ,any way to acces these flag by a command script ? Did take a look quickly and cant find any link on "flag" type of command

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2024, 11:37:50 AM »
You can make a copy of the Item in your Item Folder, then Edit it and set the not cut on flag on the appropriate parts.
This will save time when adding the item to a job.

But BEWARE, occasionally CAMduct will reset the NOT CUT FLAG and you will end up with the extra parts, so you need to keep an eye on it when nesting. >:(
I am not able to get the check box to stay checked.  Is this a version thing? I typically edit in 2020.

I am also interested if this is accessible via scripting like JasonCaron asked about.
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.