Author Topic: Generic RFA materials from Revit to Navisworks  (Read 323 times)

Offline JwisniowskiTopic starter

Generic RFA materials from Revit to Navisworks
« on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:04 PM »
Just getting into Revit and I'm struggling with this issue. To get our "Color Scheme" i found that placing materials on generic RFA pieces is the most efficient way. However, when exporting to Navis not all the information is correct. On supply runs where the material is set to blue i am getting some pieces that are red (Duct-RA material) In Revit this material is set to SA... Two questions:
1. Is there a solution to this "bug"
2. is there a better way to get colors set per service in revit so that they dont show up as gray in navis?

Offline ayakus

Re: Generic RFA materials from Revit to Navisworks
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 14:34:11 PM »
We use appearance profiler in Navis to set colors. I save the profile in every job folder on our network.

Offline JwisniowskiTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 19:22:01 PM »
Ayakus, thanks for the info. This looks like after your convert to .itm pieces. That i get, but what i am looking for is color coding generic .rfa items in Revit.

Offline ayakus

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 19:44:27 PM »
So your adding the material to the type properties of the duct system?  It's been a while since I messed with that when we used sysque.  I would check the family for your elbow and see if has a material assigned to also somewhere.  You could always make a search set for Material = Duct - RA in Navis and add it to the profile file to clean it up.

Offline craigjonnson

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
Ayakus, thanks for the info. This looks like after your convert to .itm pieces. That i get, but what i am looking for is color coding generic .rfa items in Revit.
Double click the Duct System Properties (Supply Air, Return Air, etc.) within the family browser and add your colour / material in there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:11:52 AM by craigjonnson »