Author Topic: Issue with Rise/Drop symbols showing  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Tye AustinTopic starter

Issue with Rise/Drop symbols showing
« on: Jun 24, 2022, 20:07:44 PM »
I have turned them off in the pipe systems and in the FabricationMEP Database but they still show.  Anybody have this issue and have any luck getting these to now show?

I found that if I set my View Range to "unlimited" in both directions they go away but can't keep that for plotting...  They do not cross any of the view range planes either...  just all vertical pipe showing a Rise/Drop symbol....

Example attached.
Plumber / Pipefitter / Lead Detailer
Local 447

Make sure present you always takes care of future you so future present you doesn't think past you is a total jerk

Offline bobcat09

Re: Issue with Rise/Drop symbols showing
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2022, 20:19:40 PM »
Did you check both the database and service settings? And your wanting these to not show, correct?
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline chris4455

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2022, 09:50:25 AM »
In Revit under visibility graphics you should be able to turn them off as well in the met pipe category if expanded.
MEP 2010 2.40.036/052 /64 bit/ Vista

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2022, 15:04:29 PM »
In Revit under visibility graphics you should be able to turn them off as well in the met pipe category if expanded.

No.   None of the Revit graphics controls affected them.  it ended up being a Fabrication database change.  in the services we just had to change the "use default" to "none" on all of the services...
Local 447

Make sure present you always takes care of future you so future present you doesn't think past you is a total jerk

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2022, 15:06:04 PM »
Did you check both the database and service settings? And your wanting these to not show, correct?

Yep.  we had to change the "use default" to "none" in the database...   What a pain that Revit doesn't allow you to control them within the program...
Local 447

Offline chris4455

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2022, 23:59:30 PM »

Yep.  we had to change the "use default" to "none" in the database...   What a pain that Revit doesn't allow you to control them within the program...

It's strange that in Revit for duct if I turn them off in visibility graphics they turn off.
MEP 2010 2.40.036/052 /64 bit/ Vista