Author Topic: Hanger Schedule - hanger fixing question  (Read 1211 times)

Offline bitterfitterTopic starter

Hanger Schedule - hanger fixing question
« on: Sep 06, 2022, 14:41:36 PM »
I am looking for some opinions here.
When creating hanger reports in Fabrication, we usually have a column to report what type of upper fixing is going on the hanger. This seems to be a huge help to the installers when there are many types of fixings on particular jobs.

The easiest way I can see to do this in Revit schedules is to access the HangerRodKit number, substitute specific text as to the fixing this represents and put that text into a shared parameter which I can then use in my schedule.
The reason for the specific text versus trying to read the ancillary itself is that in some cases the ancillary does not fully describe the fixing.
For example: if we are using 1/2" nuts and washers to secure a hanger rod through a piece of angle I would want the text to read " 1/2" nuts and washers". If I just schedule the ancillary itself I would get either the washers listed or the nuts. 
Do you guys report out your fixings for your hangers and is there an easier way I am not seeing?  I ask because sometimes I feel like I tend to make things harder than they have to be....  ;D
"If you think education is expensive, you should see what ignorance costs you"