Author Topic: Evolve Embeds Disappear  (Read 1034 times)

Offline cvdemickTopic starter

Evolve Embeds Disappear
« on: Dec 07, 2022, 14:04:00 PM »
I originally ran the evolve Rod Adjustments feature and it placed embeds on my hangers. Then after more hangers were added to the drawing I ran the feature again and instead of adding embeds to the hangers that didn't have any... it removed all the embeds off of all the hangers. Now, it will not place an Embed on any hangers in the model even if I only choose one hanger. Is there a status or switch somewhere that needs to be toggled so that eVolve knows that the hangers don't already have an embed on them so it will place new ones?

Offline bstacks

Re: Evolve Embeds Disappear
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2022, 15:35:27 PM »
Check your rule and the family. There is no validation between the rule and the size available in the family so if your rule is in conflict of the available sizes on the family then it will not place anything. Same thing happens with sleeves. Sadly, there is no warning to help you figure this out, you just have to know it.

Offline cvdemickTopic starter

Re: Evolve Embeds Disappear
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2022, 19:31:59 PM »
Thanks Brett, just to clarify this was for Fabrication hangers not families. I went through and minimized my embed parameters and it seems to work ok. I needed to use Revit's "Attach to Structure" feature before it would actually place the crop circle family. One question I have, when it places the crop circle family over top of the hanger, is it looking at the Rod Size from the Fabrication Hanger (eM_Rod Diameter) or is it looking at the rod size chosen from the end of the rod (Fabrication Ancillary)?