Author Topic: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 1070 times)

Offline mdomerTopic starter

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: Dec 22, 2022, 18:47:09 PM »
I feel like this has been asked before, but is there a way to customize keyboard shortcuts in Navis?

A google search revealed copying the roam file and editing the xml, which sounded a bit risky to me.

Anywho, looking for a way to incorporate gamer style keyboard navigation (ie WASD). Thank you and Merry Christmas

Offline Axl

Re: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2022, 20:08:34 PM »
Gamer keyboards (or gamepads like in my case) don't need any configuration in Revit/CAD/Navis to work, get yourself a nice programmable keyboard and if there is a shortcut for something, just program the keys with those shortcuts and voila you got it, I use my mouse to copy/Paste, cancel focus (md), close, save. and I use my Npad (an old Belkin Nostromo keypad) for may other shortcuts
CADmep DB Manager
Content Manager
Scripting

Offline SSchmitt85

Re: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2022, 13:53:19 PM »
I use the 3dconnexion Enterprise Space Mouse and there is a way you can program them through there like a keyboard with macro buttons. If you hit F10 in Navis, AutoCAD, or Revit - it will give you single keys for all the tabs, buttons, etc. across the top. I use it to turn off and on sections, refresh, cut by plane, measure, etc.
~Therapy is expensive.... But popping bubble wrap is cheap and effective~