Author Topic: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 2346 times)

Offline mdomerTopic starter

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: Dec 22, 2022, 18:47:09 PM »
I feel like this has been asked before, but is there a way to customize keyboard shortcuts in Navis?

A google search revealed copying the roam file and editing the xml, which sounded a bit risky to me.

Anywho, looking for a way to incorporate gamer style keyboard navigation (ie WASD). Thank you and Merry Christmas

Offline Axl

Re: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2022, 20:08:34 PM »
Gamer keyboards (or gamepads like in my case) don't need any configuration in Revit/CAD/Navis to work, get yourself a nice programmable keyboard and if there is a shortcut for something, just program the keys with those shortcuts and voila you got it, I use my mouse to copy/Paste, cancel focus (md), close, save. and I use my Npad (an old Belkin Nostromo keypad) for may other shortcuts
CADmep DB Manager
Content Manager
Scripting

Offline SSchmitt85

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2022, 13:53:19 PM »
I use the 3dconnexion Enterprise Space Mouse and there is a way you can program them through there like a keyboard with macro buttons. If you hit F10 in Navis, AutoCAD, or Revit - it will give you single keys for all the tabs, buttons, etc. across the top. I use it to turn off and on sections, refresh, cut by plane, measure, etc.
~Therapy is expensive.... But popping bubble wrap is cheap and effective~

Offline chris4455

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2023, 18:35:41 PM »
I use a Razer Naga mouse which has 12 programmable thumb buttons.  It is nice since it comes with software that detects which program you are in and the button switches to that programs shortcut automatically.
MEP 2010 2.40.036/052 /64 bit/ Vista

Offline Jona

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2023, 20:22:50 PM »
I use a Razer Naga mouse which has 12 programmable thumb buttons.  It is nice since it comes with software that detects which program you are in and the button switches to that programs shortcut automatically.

They also make a Naga for left handed people for $99. Best left handed mouse I've ever owned. Used in conjunction with a Corsair K95 keyboard that has 6 macro buttons and profile switching I almost never use qwerty for CAD/Navis/Bluebeam commands.