Author Topic: Corrupted Profile  (Read 1382 times)

Offline dopefishTopic starter

Corrupted Profile
« on: Dec 28, 2022, 20:49:44 PM »
So one of my project profiles has been corrupted. All of the buttons are broken and the folders command shows me nothing. What map file might cause this. I have back ups but if i can fix it without a roll back that would be better. Pics attached.
"And the wood header is still 4  3/4" on top of the top of the double top plate." . . . Random VDC Coodinator

I love coordination

Offline bobcat09

Re: Corrupted Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2022, 21:41:30 PM »
I'm assuming you when you create your profiles, you are selecting Copy Basic Database only and Share the same item files? More than likely, your profile has switched to Separate Database/Separate Item Files. Meaning, you now have an Items Folders inside your profile folder and it's empty.

If this has happened, you can create a new profile making sure to select the correct settings and copy over the Database Folder from the corrupted profile into the new profile. If you need the profile to be the same name, make sure to copy the Database folder to a different location, delete corrupted profile and create new one with the same name. Make sure to delete the profile from the Profiles>Setup within CAD/EST/CAM. Even if you try restore the profile.map file, it wont change the Separate Item Files setting.

Or you can copy the items folder from your actual database folder into this profile and everything will line up. If you go this route, you will now have a copy of the items and they will not be the same as your global items.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2022, 21:43:11 PM by bobcat09 »
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline dopefishTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2022, 22:05:07 PM »
Thanks Lyle! You have been a huge help over there years. Happy New Year brotha. You were absolutely right about the profile switching to separate item files. Your fix below looks promising. If I already have a user with the profile loaded into a revit project, do you know if that will still be able to reload?

Also - I came up with a fix but I'm not sure how good of an idea it was. I EXPORTSYS'd out the services. (PITA). Then made a copy of the global profile with basic database only. IMPORTSYS'd the services. Exported them again. Reopened the corrupted profile and deleted all the services and then IMPORTSYS'd them again. This populated the Items folder attached to the profile.

So is this work around going to bite me later?
"And the wood header is still 4  3/4" on top of the top of the double top plate." . . . Random VDC Coodinator

I love coordination

Offline bobcat09

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2022, 22:19:30 PM »
No problem and happy new year.

The database folder is still intact, you shouldn't need to EXPORTSYS, simply coping the Items folder contents into the profile Items folder will fix the broken button icons. The issue is the items folder is empty but the service.map file and profile database folder are looking at the item folders. I think the way you explained it will do the same, just more steps. Copying the items folder over won't require you to modify the service.map file

I believe as long as you keep the profile the same name, it should be fine in Revit. If you rename the profile it will not. But then again, I'd have to test. I'm pretty sure the profile gets an index number and would prob not match.
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2022, 13:15:52 PM »
Creating a new profile with the same name will work in Revit from my experience. It doesn't look at index number from what I have seen.
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.