Author Topic: ---STRATUS---Anyone having bug issues?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline RDSTopic starter

---STRATUS---Anyone having bug issues?
« on: Mar 16, 2023, 20:08:31 PM »
Running into many nagging concerns.  Just wondering if anyone else is having some issues, in the last week and half?
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2023, 20:16:26 PM by RDS »

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
Re: ---STRATUS---Anyone having bug issues?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2023, 20:40:16 PM »
It's like fabrication...a little quirky and finicky at times but I've not seen anything out of the normal.

What types of things you seeing?

Here's their health dashboard where anything major would show up.

https://status.gtp.one/

The times we see glitches it's often project specific and something dumb where we shot ourselves in the foot with a random part 24,000 miles from the model or publishing 2000 sheets and views, etc.

We also have had some folks in Revit not understand the issues related to how Stratus and Revit interact and do things that caused issues. A training issue I'm working on.

But generally speaking...Stratus this last week has been normal for us.

Offline RDSTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2023, 21:03:11 PM »
Have you ever had STRATUS duplicate your parts?  Happened to me this last week.

I've got a report for the shop manager to use in 'Packages' - Items, to check material in to move the package to the next status.  Unable to check the item in and change the status from 'Material Ordered' to 'Material Received'.

I've got other reports created in the Package Viewer.

One is to bag the fittings and valves to send over to the assembly station.  This report will not generate the data.  Report is available for the user to select, however the report will not generate data.

There are a few other items like this that I'm currently trying to resolve.

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2023, 01:45:16 AM »
We have our share of issues but none of what you listed are things that sound familiar. Particularly duplicating parts. Everytime VDC tries to blame Stratus for problems in their model it always turns out to have been something a detailer did, particularly with worksharing in Revit.

Most current problems have come down to workflow and people issues. For the most part Stratus has become much more stable. Having said that, similar to Fabrication, when they release a new build things tend to break and they usually issue hotfixes soon after.

David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - GTP Stratus

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2023, 13:25:19 PM »
Re: Duplicate items....

A lot of what Stratus relies on for model translation is really done by Autodesk's Forge/BIM360 engine. It's nothing Stratus controls. Occasionally model ID's can get screwed up and cause things to go wonky...not sure if this will show as duplicate parts but it sure as heck can show missing parts.

Usually, a republish is all it takes to straighten out but if you get ahold of GTP Support, they can force the model translation to happen again. It's likely more efficient to have them do it but by the time you get ahold of them and they do it, you're likely better republishing.

Another things that might show parts being duplicated is if they are in more than one package. Parts can exist in multiple packages as long as the package categories are different.  So it's entirely possible to have different statues of different packages of the same parts that let you do conflicting things.

Most of what you describe appear to be nuanced configuration issues. That's usually what it is when we run into it....a user with the wrong role without proper permissions or a status somwhere that doesn't allow something, etc.

Offline RDSTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2023, 12:36:01 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  Yes, I have found nuances with Project Roles or a status change.  At times it gets frustrated.