Author Topic: Tutorials or training material?  (Read 2664 times)

Offline SCADmanTopic starter

Tutorials or training material?
« on: Sep 21, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
Hey All. I just learned that I should be able to download a demo version of cadmech (or maybe just CADduct?), and I'm looking for a good way to learn the program. I learned both AutoCAD and Revit by video tutorials from www.cadclips.com, and I must say that the video method is the best/fastest way that I've learned anything, and 10 times more efficient that the trial-and-error of "playing with the program." I haven't found a single video series on CADduct/cadmech on the internet, so what would be the best way to learn? Any thoughts would be a help.

Offline Tstright

• Premier Member
    • United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »
I don't know of any Demo that you can download..
"Only the Skilled Survive"

Offline gambitjr

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2009, 13:35:06 PM »
Scott,

There are NO tutorials or videos for CADmech, you can download the trial version (demo) and your on your own...you can get a trainer to visit you for a charge, (last i heard it was $1200.00/day)...and then there is the manual, all 1250 pages of it, originally written for the sheetmetal side of the business

I also believe they have training classes in Austin...

been down this road many times before

its a good idea in this forum NOT to compare what Autodesk provides versus what MAP provides...you will only provoke the MAP and TSI guys

we have basically learned through trial and error, and with alot of help from the users in this forum...some of the guys in here are pretty well versed and will go out of their way to help you

when all else fails.....you can contact customer service, and trudge along that way also

if you care to discuss CADmech...email me
"Where ever you go, there you are"

Offline Tstright

• Premier Member
    • United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2009, 17:09:13 PM »
Having a trainer visit you is $1500/day + Expenses
5 Days in Austin is $1500 for the class and then your expenses

Calling map-CC is for support issues not Training. If you call for training you will be told so.

And careful who you get help from....Some on here are jaded.....
"Only the Skilled Survive"

Offline fishandchips

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2009, 03:47:24 AM »
300 a day is comparable to what most autocad resellers charge. That kind of classroom training ends to be pretty rigid or the instructor cannot get through the assigned material in time. Having a TSI person show up can also be less than fully productive (at least learningwise) if they have to spend a lot of time setting up the software, but the actual learning part can be exactly what you ask for, if you know what you want. Trouble is you dont know what you dont know. I say take a class or two, play around some, go to UGM and make some contacts. The more beer you buy, the more folks you'll meet. Keep in touch here,ask questions, get answers etc
Older and wiser - President at C2B INC (formerly CC2BL INC). Wondering how long I can get away with my 2018 lifetime CAD MEP combo licence. Squeaking by with a circa 2012 HP EliteBook 8760w with a new motherboard, second solid state drive and Windows 10 upgrade.

Offline c2k

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2009, 16:05:08 PM »
Quote from: SCADman
Hey All. I just learned that I should be able to download a demo version of cadmech (or maybe just CADduct?), and I'm looking for a good way to learn the program. I learned both AutoCAD and Revit by video tutorials from www.cadclips.com, and I must say that the video method is the best/fastest way that I've learned anything, and 10 times more efficient that the trial-and-error of "playing with the program." I haven't found a single video series on CADduct/cadmech on the internet, so what would be the best way to learn? Any thoughts would be a help.
There are some videos available for registered users at MAP Software's website.  You may be able to get a demo upon request.  I suggest you go to http://www.map-software.com/ check it out and maybe contact them with questions.  Depending on where you are they may put you in contact with TSI.

Good luck :)
**CHRIS
AEC Collection
Fabrication CADmep & ESTmep

Offline jymvee

« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2009, 04:30:42 AM »
I just took a look around the map-software site.  Not finding anything which points to a demo download.  Does anybody have a link for that?  I know a few years ago one could download a working version.  Is that no more?  I'm trying to get better at this and am just not able to spend time "at work" training myself.

Thanks fellows!

Jym V.

Offline gambitjr

« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2009, 13:11:29 PM »
JYM,

Based on our usage of the CADmech side, training yourself "at work" is the only option you have....asking alot of questions in the forum can help.....getting better comes with time, and there will be a learning curve with any new program...you will not be as fast as you were before and that is tp be expected
"Where ever you go, there you are"