Author Topic: CADduct Help Book  (Read 10226 times)

Offline sasint01Topic starter

CADduct Help Book
« on: Oct 28, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »
Hi all,

Im looking for a little CADduct help book. I understand i have the help menu with CADduct, but for other people learning CADduct they find this hard to find solutions to problems.

Does any have an PDF document with all instructions on how to use the main functions of CADduct. Stuff like adding parts to CADduct, Setting up new service grouping , mainly database instructions rather than actual service co-ordination help.............

Online cadbyken

• Premier Member
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »
http://www.map-cc.com/manuals.php
Look at both
New Manual PDF Files (From U.G. 07)
Power Point Presentations from UG '08
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline DKH

CADduct Help Book
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2009, 13:05:04 PM »
Here is the link for the 2009 User Group power point slide show.

http://map-cc.hosting4less.com/MAP-CC%20Files/index.htm

Offline Tadasana

• http://viaductsheetmetal.net
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2009, 16:02:26 PM »
I followed the link to the UGM 09 Power Point presentations, but all that I can see is a series of slides identifying the topics to be presented - no actual instructions.  Am I not viewing it correctly, or is that all there is, and if so, is there another site which does contain the actual details and instructions?  Thanks for any info.
Susan McCurdy

giddyup

Offline cam-nav

• Premier Member
    • McKinstry.com
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2009, 16:19:11 PM »
These are all .PPS files that you will have to have power point to open.

These are just the power point slides and contain no real instructions unless you know what they are talking about.
Dave

Offline c2k

• Premier Member
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2009, 16:55:05 PM »
Ya, I don't understand the purpose of these slides, they don't seem to contain any real useful information.

On a similar note, I got an email today stating that Autodesk University will have "virtual" web based events for those that can't make it to Vegas this year.  Highlights will be free for everyone.  Or for $99 (free for subscription customers) one will have full access to 50+ classes, keynotes, & other premium content streamed live, plus access to 350 on-demand sessions post-event.  Now that's awesome.
**CHRIS
AEC Collection
Fabrication CADmep & ESTmep

Offline JReis

• http://www.Building-Data.com
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2009, 17:31:40 PM »
Ya, I don't understand the purpose of these slides, they don't seem to contain any real useful information.

The PowerPoints are provide to support the information that was discussed during the event.  The information is not training material.  The PowerPoints are intended for those who attended the event as reinforcement to what was presented.  The TSI User Group Meeting is designed for Customer interaction and networking and to better understand how others are benefiting from the Software.  To better understand the PowerPoints one would have needed to attend the event.

Online cadbyken

• Premier Member
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2009, 17:46:33 PM »
Quote from: c2k
On a similar note, I got an email today stating that Autodesk University will have "virtual" web based events for those that can't make it to Vegas this year.  Highlights will be free for everyone.  Or for $99 (free for subscription customers) one will have full access to 50+ classes, keynotes, & other premium content streamed live, plus access to 350 on-demand sessions post-event.  Now that's awesome.

That is real nice.  I may have to look around during that.  Time permitting of course :D
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline Jabbster

• Premier Member
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2009, 16:02:27 PM »
I got the same email from AUGI. Sounds like a good deal (free) for subscription customers.
James
~~~~~
Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2018 - Fabrication CADmep 2018
Dell Precision 7720

Offline gambitjr

CADduct Help Book
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2009, 17:13:53 PM »
Hi De Ho Jim...its me again...i got the same email from autodesk that i am sure everyone else gets....pretty sweet deal for those who could not attend...you can stream the video as it happens in Vegas...

also received an email that for a monthly fee, you can access autodesk's online "TUTORIALS"

once again i will ask...what is provided for those who could not attend the UG meeting from TSI???
"Where ever you go, there you are"

Offline gambitjr

CADduct Help Book
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2009, 11:47:51 AM »
JIm,

After the tongue lashing i took last time from TSI....i am looking forward to reply to these comments.....

Offline gambitjr

CADduct Help Book
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2009, 15:33:41 PM »
Jim???

Offline c2k

• Premier Member
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2009, 15:41:50 PM »
Patience.  It's hasn't even been 24 hours. :)
**CHRIS
AEC Collection

Offline Tstright

• Premier Member
    • United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2009, 20:41:45 PM »
Quote from: gambitjr
what is provided for those who could not attend the UG meeting from TSI???

Not sure what is expected....AutoDesk spends over $20 million on AU.... I am sure the UG tab is no where near that.....

Fixed :)
"Only the Skilled Survive"

Offline c2k

• Premier Member
CADduct Help Book
« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2009, 20:45:24 PM »
Quote from: Tstright
Quote from: c2k
Patience.  It's hasn't even been 24 hours. :)

Not sure what is expected....AutoDesk spends over $20 million on AU.... I am sure the UG tab is no where near that.....
I don't understand why you quoted me and gave that response?
I was just telling gambitjr to have patience and wait for Jim to respond.  3 posts in a row all to Jim about the same thing.
**CHRIS
AEC Collection