Author Topic: CADduct not showing in Navisworks 2011 after enabler  (Read 10186 times)

Offline rnatschTopic starter

CADduct not showing in Navisworks 2011 after enabler
« on: Jun 30, 2010, 00:00:47 AM »
I have been trying to view mechanical systems through Navisworks Manage 2011 on a 64 bit Vista operating system.. I have installed the CADduct object enablers; however, the mechanical duct and piping objects do not show up... What could be causing this problem?

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
Re: CADduct not showing in Navisworks 2011 after enabler
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2010, 00:31:57 AM »
There are multiple threads regarding NW issues like this.  Seek and you shall find.
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2010, 00:58:57 AM »
I hear you.. this one has been tough.. On the surface it would appear simple.. and that the object enabler would take care of it..

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2010, 23:04:34 PM »
I set the .dwg loader in Navisworks to 2010.. and now Navisworks freezes when it attempts to open the Mech/ Duct content...

Offline sarge.us

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2010, 18:55:27 PM »
matsch, I had the same problem. What I did was to unload my ARX file for CADmech in autocad and then load a DBX file for CADmech (just depends on your computer and which arx file you are using) restart autocad with the dbx file and then after start up remove dbx file and reinstall arx file. Also if you installed Navis before autocad and or revit you must uninstall Navis and then reinstall. All other object enabler must be install before you install CADmech or CADduct object enabler. I am using 2011 loader in Navis now no problems yet :)

Offline bparrell

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2010, 19:21:20 PM »
You do not need to unistall Navis, you just have to go into control panel and choose add or remove programs and choose navis 2011 exporter. When chosen add features will add the appropiate files
The SoCAL (VERY OLDMAN NOW) Kid! LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE  HOLIDAYS BOB  ::) ::)  
WIN 10 O.S
Revit/Fabrication 2022/BDSU 2022
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline sarge.us

« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2010, 20:30:45 PM »
Thanks bparrell, TSI support said I had to unload Navis and then reload, your way would take less time.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2010, 22:56:31 PM »
Sarge,
The computer in question is only running Navisworks Manage... To my knowledge the object enablers are not dependent on the native program to visually display the source content.

Windows Vista 64 bit OS
Navisworks Manage 2011

Offline ebeckman

• A.O. Reed
« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2010, 15:51:02 PM »
I've done the .dbx load with the .arx reload for the CADduct object enablers.  Duct and piping shows up fine but for some reason wrapped objects in our database don't show up.  Has anyone had this problem or any information on how to solve it?
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
  - Mario Andretti

Offline bparrell

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2010, 16:03:49 PM »
Your not alone. One solution is to refedit the block and convert3dmodel.
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline bparrell

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2010, 18:29:15 PM »
I've done the .dbx load with the .arx reload for the CADduct object enablers.  Duct and piping shows up fine but for some reason wrapped objects in our database don't show up.  Has anyone had this problem or any information on how to solve it?

A person from here did some research as to why cadblocks were not showing up in 2011. What he found out...is if the entities in the cadblock are defined on layer zero they will not show up, but if you define the layer they will. Now if the itm is on layer zero regardless of the block it will show up, but who wants things on layer zero?
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline cjehly

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »
Is MAP working on a fix BTW? I can substitute blocks ok, but we have a TON of blocks, and they're all on layer 0, as they should be.
-Chris-