Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
CADmep™ Users / Re: CID for gored elbow with cleanout
« Last post by tharelkin on May 24, 2024, 21:39:31 PM »
Dust collection for some type processing facility. Tried both those CID and couldn't get either to work the way our fab shop wants. Thanks for the recommendation though.
eVolve Mechanical Users / Re: Autodetect family type in Custom tags
« Last post by rjdonahue on May 24, 2024, 17:02:05 PM »
From what I have observed, the autodetect type is referring to the size of the outline (pill shape or box) of the tag. You'll notice on the default evolve tags there are a bunch of types NUM_01 - 20. If you open those families there are parametric dimensions set on the detail lines that make up the outline. I believe Evolve is examining how many characters are in the result of the label and adjusting the outline to be bigger/smaller.

You can see this by tagging something with a default tag, like "em_FabPipe-Number" and changing the types, the outline will get bigger for each new type you select.

Unfortunately, this won't help auto selecting anything that isn't for the outline. There may be a way to hack the "W" parameter in the default family to control visibility of different labels, text etc. Something I haven't tested out yet.
CAMduct™ Users / Re: Setup.Map file
« Last post by cnash on May 24, 2024, 15:29:23 PM »
Yeah, it seems to only be a dropbox issue. I can't duplicate it on a local or server config. It was something that gave us a lot of headache. And user permissions really help keep from having this issue. It was a combo of dropbox and FAB user rights.

That must have been real fun tracking down. haha
« Last post by bobcat09 on May 24, 2024, 15:27:32 PM »
This seems to be tied to dropbox more so than Fabrication but if you are using ESTmep or CAMduct and select Yes to the save Prompt dialog when closing, this seems to hose the setup.map file. The Save button on the toolbar or File>Save doesn't seem to cause any issue.

We haven't noticed this issue, but we are not using dropbox so that may be why.

Yeah, it seems to only be a dropbox issue. I can't duplicate it on a local or server config. It was something that gave us a lot of headache. And user permissions really help keep from having this issue. It was a combo of dropbox and FAB user rights.
« Last post by cnash on May 24, 2024, 15:24:38 PM »
This seems to be tied to dropbox more so than Fabrication but if you are using ESTmep or CAMduct and select Yes to the save Prompt dialog when closing, this seems to hose the setup.map file. The Save button on the toolbar or File>Save doesn't seem to cause any issue.

We haven't noticed this issue, but we are not using dropbox so that may be why.
« Last post by bobcat09 on May 24, 2024, 14:47:36 PM »
From what I understand the Setup.map file contains the Default Machine settings and the Configuration/Config section of the Database.

It also stores the Units settings under Configuration. If you ever notice that your units have switched from Imperial to Metric, this is a sign the setup.map is hosed. Same with Custom Data, if you notice that your custom data fields are gone, it's a sign the setup.map is hosed.

« Last post by CAMeleon on May 24, 2024, 14:28:14 PM »
Darren you're correct. Setup ties lots of things together. It will be updated anytime you select "OK" out of the main database. Regardless of any changes made or not.
« Last post by Darren Young on May 23, 2024, 19:34:30 PM »
Don't know. I have a lot documented but not that one. It's typically small and seems like no matter what you touch...it gets updated. Suspect it might be some sort of a mater files tracking all the other....stuff.
General Programming Queries / Re: Loaditem
« Last post by Darren Young on May 23, 2024, 19:33:14 PM »
Can I assume from your recent LinkedIn post you got along ok?  ;)
Fabrication Parts in Revit® / Re: Show Service is Grayed out
« Last post by craigjonnson on May 23, 2024, 10:46:51 AM »
This should be greyed out by default. Its enabled when you select a service that is not the current service within the palette.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10